The City of Sarnia is responsible for coordinating the acquisition of goods and services, as required, to maintain operation and maintenance for the City’s operations teams and locations.
Procurement Bid Opportunities are available through the bids and tenders bid portal.
Any of the City’s surplus goods are sold via online bidding service with
Notice(s) of Intent
Please see below for any current Notice(s) of Intent that may be posted.
The City of Sarnia is a participating member in the following associations and group procurement initiatives:
- Canadian Collaborative Procurement (CCP)
- Chatham-Kent Lambton Administrators Group (CKLAG)
- Kinetic GPO
- Local Area Service (LAS)
- Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace (OECM)
- Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
- Ontario Public Buyers Association (OPBA)
- Police Cooperative Purchasing Group (PCPG)
If there are any questions related to the Procurement activity done by the City of Sarnia please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I market my company to the City of Sarnia?
We suggest that you review the City Website, Standard Terms and Conditions, and bid opportunities. Purchasing staff are more than happy to meet with any vendor, but keep in mind the availability of key staff is sometimes limited.
- How do I respond to a request to quote?
A request for quotation, tender or proposals are standard processes utilized by the City to procure goods and or services. The process for submission and deadline is outlined in the bid documents.
- Can I register my company to the City of Sarnia supplier database?
The City does not maintain a central supplier database.
- Why does the City not deal exclusively with local vendors?
Selecting vendors based on geographic location is a violation of legislated agreements including Ontario Discriminatory Business Practices Act and the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade.
- How do City Staff purchase items or day to day operation?
Staff has a few options regarding operating supplies. The Public Works team operates a Stores warehouse for routine supplies and some team members have access to Procurement Cards for the smaller purchases. In addition, through bidding processes, standing agreements are established with suppliers for goods and/or services that are utilized by many areas of operations.