Public Meeting May 1: Rezoning Application 7-2016-85 OF 2002
By City Staff
CITY OF SARNIA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Please be advised that a public meeting of City Council is scheduled for Monday, May 1, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, to hear the application listed below. Please check with the City Clerk for the time when this application will be dealt with.
Persons wishing to speak to this application are requested to notify the City Clerk on or before noon, Wednesday, April 26, 2017 in order to be placed on the agenda, although anyone in attendance will be given an opportunity to address Council on this matter.
REZONING APPLICATION 7-2016-85 OF 2002 is a City-initiated general amendment to the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002. The purpose of this application is to bring the City’s zoning regulations into conformity with the Planning Act, which requires municipalities to permit secondary dwelling units in single detached, semi-detached and townhouse dwellings.
The proposal would amend the zoning regulations to permit secondary dwelling units in single detached dwellings in Urban Residential 1 zones where servicing is available to accommodate increased densities (See Area Map).
Regulations for secondary dwelling units would include:
- minimum and maximum floor areas;
- minimum lot sizes;
- exterior alteration restrictions; and
- restrictions in natural hazard areas.
For more information about this application, contact the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours (Tel. 519 332-0330 Ext. 3344); forward E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the comments of the various City Hall Departments and other agencies who have reviewed this application, the Planning Department's planning report with recommendations, and copies of the proposed zoning by-law amendment will be available at the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, on or after Friday, April 28, 2017.
Council agendas are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor City Hall, on Friday, April 28, 2017.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
This article was posted Friday, April 7, 2017 9:01 AM