County Council Highlights - April 3, 2019
By County of Lambton
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, April 3, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Heard an update presentation from Bluewater Health regarding the hospital's activities, plans and needs for the coming years.
- Heard an update presentation from Bioindustrial Innovation Canada.
- Received an overview of the Strategic Plan for the Intelligent Sarnia-Lambton Community Taskforce. Council also reviewed the proposed schedule for the planned site visit from representatives of the Intelligent Community Forum in late April.
- Recognized the work of volunteers in the County's three Long-Term Care Homes and Adult Day Programs in celebration of Volunteer Appreciation Week.
- Was informed that Bill Bilton (Township of Dawn-Euphemia), Muriel Wright (Township of Plympton-Wyoming), and Jerry Westgate (Township of Warwick) will serve as their respective municipality's alternate member of County Council.
- Authorized staff in the Cultural Services Division to undertake a Community Needs Assessment and Analysis regarding service hours of operation across the Division that includes the Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery, Lambton Heritage Museum, Oil Museum of Canada, Lambton County Archives and Lambton County Library branches.
- Struck an ad-hoc committee of Council to review and suggest changes to the Councillor Code of Conduct in time for Council's May 1, 2019 meeting.
- Noted that Council will next meet in Open Session at 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
This article was posted Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:57 PM
- [ 142.6 KB ]County Council April 3, 2019
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader