Agricultural Applications are intended for Farm Buildings, Agricultural Additions and Renovations, including Silos, Pole Barns, Barns, Manure Storage Facilities, Grain Bins, etc. on Rural or Rural Residential Properties.

For pole barns on Urban or Suburban Residential Properties, etc. refer to the Accessory Building Application.

Farm Buildings are defined in the Ontario Building Code as all or part of a building:

a) That does not contain any areas used for residential occupancy,
b) That is associated with and located on land devoted to the practice of farming, and
c) That is used essentially for the housing of equipment or livestock or the production, storage or processing of agricultural and horticultural produce or feeds.

For more information on Building Permits including fees, inspections, applications, and FAQs refer to the General Building Permit Information page. Applications and inquiries can be submitted to