A Demolition Permit is required for the demolition of any building exceeding 10 m2.
Demolishing a house, garage, or other small building? Complete the application form and obtain the necessary signatures prior to submitting your permit application.
Demolishing a large building? Design and General Review of a Professional Engineer is required where:
- the building exceeds 3 stories in Building Height;
- the building exceeds 600 m² (6458 ft²) in Building Area;
- the building contains pre-tensioned or post-tensioned members;
- the proposed demolition extends below the level of the footings of any adjacent building and occur within the angle of repose of the soil, drawn from the bottom of such footings; or
- there will be explosives or lasers used during demolition
A person is exempt from the requirement to obtain a permit for the demolition of a building located on a farm. (Ontario Building Code Division C – 220.127.116.11 (1))
For more information on Building Permits including fees, inspections, applications, and FAQs refer to the General Building Permit Information page. Applications and inquiries can be submitted to email@example.com.