Residential applications forms are intended for additions and alterations to Detached, Semi-Detached and Row Houses containing not more than two dwelling units
A building permit is required for all residential additions and for alterations including, but not limited to:
- Interior structural alterations
- Secondary Suites, including Basement Apartments
- Adding or removing most walls that result in creating different room sizes and/or uses
- Basement or main floor walk-out alterations
- Dormers or finishing attic space
- Finishing a basement or part of a basement
- Mechanical alterations including furnace and ductwork
- Enlarging or creating a new window or door opening
- Repairs including structural work, related to fire damage.
- “Gutting” a residence to the studs
For more information on Building Permits including fees, inspections, applications, and FAQs refer to the General Building Permit Information page. Applications and inquiries can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.