2021 Interim Billing
Bills mailed out first week of February
1st Installment: February 25, 2021
2nd Installment: April 29, 2021
2021 Final Billing
Bills mailed first week of June
3rd Installment: June 29, 2021
4th Installment: August 30, 2021
- Pre-Authorized Payment Plan – You can sign up for monthly automatic withdrawal, or automatic withdrawal on the tax due date. To sign up for our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan please complete and return the application form.
- In Person – Payments can be made in person in Customer Service at City Hall. Our business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm (excluding Holidays). Cash, cheque or debit are accepted.
- Online/Internet Payments – Using your 19 digit roll number, no spaces, decimals, or dashes. Search Sarnia (City) Taxes or Sarnia Tax to add as a payee. Please note that we do not accept Interact e-Transfers.
- Financial Institution – Payment can be made at most financial institutions. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- Post Dated Cheques – Mailed or dropped off and held until due date.
- Mail – to Sarnia City Hall, Tax Office, 255 Christina Street North, PO Box 3018, Sarnia Ontario, N7T 7N2 (cheques only).
- Drop Box – located at the Christina Street Entrance (cheques only).
We are legislatively required to send the Final property tax bill. Your bill will indicate that your mortgage company has been provided with the information to make the payment on your behalf.
We are legislatively required to send the Final property tax bill. Your bill will indicate that you are on the pre-authorized payment plan and includes a payment schedule.
Assessment-related inquiries should be directed to the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) located at:
1401 Michigan Ave., Unit 1, Sarnia, ON
Phone: 1-866-296-MPAC (6722)
TTY: 1-877-889 MPAC (6722)
The roll number shown on your tax bill is the account number that you will need to use. Please remember no spaces, dashes or decimals.
Penalty and interest are charged 15% per annum, applied the first business day of each month on all past due balances. Late payment charges are set in accordance with current legislation and cannot be waived. If payment in full is not received by the installment due date, a property tax arrears notice will be issued and a $5.00 fee will be applied. Failure to receive a bill does not excuse the home owner from payment responsibility.
Yes, you can sign up for our monthly pre-authorized payment plan. Download the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Application Form below or contact us for more information. There is no cost to enroll in a pre-authorized tax payment plan.
Please refer to the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Guidelines for additional information. Please note that pre-authorized payment plans are not transferable when moving within Sarnia.
To change banking information or to cancel a pre-authorized payment plan, please complete the Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Cancellation or Account Information Change Form. Notice must be provided prior to the 20th of the month in which the change is required. To make changes you can visit us, call 519-332-6309 or email us at email@example.com
If the mailing address of your property is changing, please contact us to ensure the change is reflected on the City’s records.
If you are a registered charitable organization renting space in a commercial or industrial property, download and submit the Application for Registered Charity Rebate Program.
The deadline for submitting an application is February 28 of the year following the taxation year to which the application relates.
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Guidelines
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Application Form
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Cancellation or Account Information Change Form
Application for Registered Charity Rebate Program